Thursday, March 28, 2013

Jil Jil Jigarthanda

Hi Friends,
 
I feel lazy to write. I commited to Divya to try this recipe on seeing her post. Tried but never posted in my blog. Was busy with my crafts.

Now on to the post. On hearing this word "Jigarthanda"- Madurai comes to our mind. I haven't tasted it outside. Came to know about this recipe from my friend Divya Pramil. I have made this with rose milk powder instead of essence.
 
Ingredients
  • Milk - 1 litre
  • Edible gum / Almond gum - 2 tbsp
  • Rose milk powder - 6 tbsp
  • Sugar - 8 tbsp
  • Vanilla ice cream - 2~3 cups
 
Method:  
  • Soak almond gum in a large bowl of water for 6 ~7 hours. Then wash it twice if it tastes salty.
  • In a thick bottomed utensil, boil the milk until it reduces to 3/4 litre.
  • Now add sugar to it and allow it to boil for another 5 minutes and switch off the flame
  • Mix the rose milk powder to it and allow it cool to room temparature.
  • Now take a serving glass and put 2~3 tbsp of soaked almond gum and pour the rose milk to it and add one scoop of ice cream to it and mix well.
  • Now top up with one more scoop of ice cream.
Your Jil Jil Jigarthanda is ready.
 
 

9 comments:

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your lovely comments

shylaashree